The Security Engineer is responsible for providing technical and operational expertise in information security systems, implementing, and maintaining all security for platforms and applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Design, Build and Operate key security controls and platforms such as Endpoint Security, DLP, Cloud Security, Internet and Network Security Email/Mobile Security solutions
2. Primary Information Security Engineer for all Applications, Platforms and Environments
3. Provide Engineering support and threat analysis to maintain infrastructure compliance
4. Assist with troubleshooting and resolve system Incidents
5. Remediate identified security vulnerabilities and findings
6. Partner with cross-functional teams in Architecting New Solutions
7. Apply Security Standards & Controls to Daily Operations & Practices
8. Recommend Specific Measures, Process Improvements, and Best practices to Improve the Security Posture
9. Design, Implement and Maintain IT Security Systems
10. Review Threat Intelligence Reports and Feeds and Make Recommendations for Profile or Toolset Changes
11. After Hours and On-call responsibilities
12. Other duties as required
Education and Experience
1. CISSP, GSEC, SSCP or other appropriate certifications preferred
2. Progressively increasing experience in the Information Technology and Security Field.
3. Breadth of knowledge and experience across the information security domain, such as endpoint security, SIEM, IDS/IPS, identity management, vulnerability management, incident response, and threat intelligence.
4. Hands-on experience in a corporate setting analyzing and responding to security events, such as conducting log analysis, developing queries and analytics, troubleshooting security issues, and correlating diverse data sets.
5. Experience working with complex infrastructure design and networking concepts
6. Education: Bachelor's degree in technical or related discipline is preferred
7. Experience and knowledge in system and network administration across multiple platforms and environments is required
8. Experience with Next Gen Firewall, Cisco networking hardware is required
9. Experience with MDM/MAM Solutions is preferred
This role is based out of Lakewood Ohio (Greater Cleveland). Local employment is ideal; however, we are accepting full-remote candidates willing to travel to the home office on an as-needed basis.
This position will require the ability to work flexible times including occasionally working beyond normal business hours on an as needed basis.
Employment eligibility to work with First Mutual Holding Co. in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position.