Immediately hiring a Permanent Full Time Rebuild Diesel Engine Mechanic to join us at Ryder in Atlanta, GA
- Technician Positions Pay Each Week
- Hourly Pay: $31.00 per hour
- Extra Pay: $2.00 per hour for Rebuild Premium
- Overtime Pay: $49.50 per hour
- Certification Bonus of $100 for each New ASE Certification Obtained up to $700
- Quarterly Bonus: Ryder Pays you up to $500 Every Quarter - Four Times Per Year
- Sign On Bonus: Ryder Pays You $2500 at 30 days and $2500 at 90 days
- Schedule: Monday - Friday
- Hours: Second Shift 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Apply Here with Ryder Today
For more information Call Misty or Text "Atlanta" to
We have all the benefits other Shops do without the wait.
- Annual Merit Pay Increases Every Year
- On the Job Paid Training
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 K etc. Start at 30 Days
- Paid Time Off Starts Accruing at DAY ONE with 80 hours per year
- 401 K offers a company match
- HIGH VALUED Stock at 15 % Employee Discount
- PPE, UNIFORMS, TOOL AND BOOT ALLOWANCE PROVIDED
Stop In and Meet the Team at the Ryder Shop: 5865 Fulton Industrial Blvd. Suite B, Atlanta, GA 30336
Click Here to See All Ryder Careers:
We want YOU to join our family made up of Proud Women and Men in Logistics who work alongside Military Reserve and Veterans we hire everyday
- Ability to perform all T3 tasks
- Must have demonstrated advanced analytical and repair skills in vehicle maintenance
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Must have basic computer skills: PC, Windows, mouse, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be available to work shift work/weekends and on call duty as required
- Prefer ASE Certification in PM, Brakes, A/C, electrical, Electronics or ASE Master Mechanic
- Required to operate shop computers and diagnostic test equipment proficiently
- Must have minimum tool requirement
- Must road test vehicles as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/influence others
- This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.
- SBTIII trained within 180 days (SBT220)
- Complete all OEM on-line diagnostic scan tool software courses as required by location fleet mix. (completed within 365days)
- Complete Instructor led OEM courses as required to support location fleet mix.
- Performs vehicle maintenance and repair duties including:
- Performs standard vehicle maintenance
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Performs complex repairs with minimal (if any) support.
- Demonstrate the ability to access and use internal and external maintenance documents
- Diagnoses and repairs complex mechanical and electronic problems with minimal (if any) support, utilizing diagnostic computers/software when applicable.
- Performs remote triage to with RCRC and customers to determine best solution to assist roadside breakdowns.
- Performs facility maintenance duties
- Interacts with customers/drivers to properly determine nature of complaint once assigned a task.
- Instructs and advises other technicians regarding maintenance repair procedures and diagnostics
- Coaches/Mentors other level technicians
- Advise shop management and other technicians on shop repairs
- Utilizes key functions of Shop Management System and electronic documentation available
- Works in accordance with all federal/ provincial and corporate compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT, MOT)
- Other support duties as required to support operations. These could include but are not limited to Service Island support.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Locations US-GA-ATLANTA
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (1/20/2023 8:56 AM)
Requisition ID 36
Category Technicians/Service Employees
Employment Type Regular-Full time
Travel Requirements 0-10%